Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election is Over!


I am proud to be part of history when we will have an African American president. I would have also been proud to see the first woman vice president. Either way history was made last evening. I voted yesterday like I have at every election since I was 18. It definitely took me longer to get the girls ready, in car seats and then in their stroller than it did for me to drive there and vote. What makes me angry is when people say they voted "Black" or that they voted "Female". I didn't vote for either of those reasons. I voted for the candidate I thought would do the best job. I am happy to see election day over...no more political ads!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled he won, and although it's history, not because he's black, and mark my words.. i think he'll be one of the greatest pres. we've ever had : D God bless Pres. Obama, his beautiful family and the United States of America, our home sweet home : D There's a lot wrong in this country yet but it's still the greatest country in the world : D G. D.