Monday, August 30, 2010

Growing So Fast Already...

It's hard to believe Matthew will be 6 weeks old this week. He is already growing so fast. He looks different from the pictures on his birth announcements, he is awake more and he started smiling at us about 4 days ago. I am proud to say he smiled at his Momma first. This is huge to me because the girls smiled at Joe first. He smiled so big at me this morning at 4am that I didn't even care what time it was. He enjoys watching his sisters play and is not quite as fussy as when he was a week old(although he definitely still has his moments). Once we get him to sleep at night (usually between 11-12) he is good about sleeping for 3 hours, breastfeeding and then goes right back to sleep, which I certainly appreciate. I found that he loves the sling wrap I bought for the girls which they hated. We walked to our voting precinct last Tuesday and he slept the whole way in the wrap. Looking forward to when he starts to play with some of his toys.

1 comment:

Dawn Nichols said...

That's great Karen, can't wait to see Matthews' smile! Time goes so fast, soon the girls will be having so much fun with him. Can't wait to be with you all again!! love to all, Gramma Dawn : D