Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Grandparents Day...a few days late

I wanted to wish the new grandparents a "Happy Grandparents Day", even if it is a few days late.

*Here is a picture of Grandma and Grandpa Knupke with Abby on Sunday, September 7th.

Abigail is officially home! She came home on Thursday, September 4th and has been doing great since. Breastfeeding has been demanding but definitely worthwhile! I have had to supplement by offering her a bottle after each feeding to ensure she continues to gain weight. I am going to continue this with both girls since exclusively breastfeeding two girls is really hard. Abby has been a great baby thus far, she only cries when she is hungry or has gas. Chloe gets to come home tomorrow-Thursday, September 11th. We will be bringing her home on a monitor for her Brady's (dips in her heartrate). I am extremely happy to be bringing her home and of course a bit nervous. I am looking forward to learning her personality over the next few days to follow just as I have Abby. My Mom has been staying with us since last Friday and has been an amazing help. Not only does she help out with the baby and the new mom, but the house work too. I'm not sure what we would do without her and her great mother advice. Experience is everything!

4 comments:

Carey said...

Karen, YEAH!!!! Let me know when we can come over and visit and bring you & Joe some yummy dinner. We love you guys! Carey, Mike, Emma & Sarah

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

Awww I am so happy for you!!!! The babies are gorgeous and I look forward to seeing new pictures of them as they grow!!!

Anonymous said...

After you mom leaves, I would love to come over and clean the house for you (if you like). I am off on Mondays, so just let me know when.

Anonymous said...

Aww that's fantastic!! Congratulations! I hope Chloe's transition home is going well and I can't wait to see more pics :)