Wednesday, September 23, 2009

13 Months!

I had intended on blogging on Friday the twins 13 month birthday, but it just didn't happen. I've had a tough week starting last Wednesday when Chloe decided she was attached to me and didn't want me to go. She screams when I put her in her crib for naps or bedtime. Let her cry it out you might say. Oh I have the longest time being for 1 1/2 hours when she finally gave in and slept for 30 minutes. She will promptly fall asleep on the couch or bed next to me but if I move her into her crib the second she realizes she's not with me she cries. Abby has been a great sleeper and continues even through Chloe's crying, but it does wake her from time to time. I'm not sure what to do at this point, do I suffer through the crying who knows for how long or do I give in to a little peace and quiet and let her nap next to me while I read a book. I don't want to give up yet but she is a little fighter and has been since she was only 3 lbs 6 oz. This is one of the qualities we love about her, she may be the smaller twin but she is tougher too!

So at 13 months the girls still do not have any teeth. Abby is pulling up on everything and Chloe will be close behind her. Chloe does the funniest thing she sometimes looks at her legs while she is crawling (not watching in front of her) and has crawled right into things such as the wall and a closed door. She doesn't slow down either when she is doing this she is still full speed ahead. They are into everything! All the bedroom and bathroom doors are closed in my house so they can roam freely do the hallway without getting into trouble. Our coffee table has been cleared except for the very middle which I am sure will be going too soon. I no longer go anywhere without my two little followers this even includes using the restroom where they try to get to the toilet paper as it has been discovered and how much fun it is to rip into a thousand small different pieces. Our kitty spends most of her day in our bedroom, out on the porch or perched high up on a windowsill where she is out of reach from her two little chasers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look beautiful, their hair is sure growing too, : ) Well Karen, it ain't easy, that crying at bed time was very hard for all us mothers, you just do the best you can with it but remember this stage will pass, thank God,lol. Chloes crawling habbit must be funny, ouch! : ( , to watch. They'll be walking soon though, more fun for you,lol. Twins is twice the pleasure but twice the work, amazing how you do it, but at least you'll have had practice for the next set, LOL , ONLY KIDDING!! LOL... Love to all, hope to see you soon, G. D.

Dawn Nichols said...

Just a thought, you might want to try a "blankie" or toy doll Chloe likes to hold for her to sleep with. ??? love ya, G. D.

Paul Knupke said...

I am sure it is just a phase. You are doing the right things. A parent's first reaction is to try to fix immediate problems but that does not always help the long process. Hang in there. Love, Dad

Dianne W. said...

I went through some very similar about a week ago. However besides the crying and clinging, I had one more clue that lead me to call the ped. My younger, smaller, and tougher daughter had a high fever which last 4 days. The ped. told me that it was most likely the MMR shot she'd had more than a week before and that if the fever didn't break after the 4th day to call back. I guess the dr. was right because it did break by the end of day 4 but the clinging lasted another couple of days.

Good luck!!! Do what *you* feel in your heart is right.