Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Last Minute Preparations

This weekend was pretty quite. On Saturday, our friends Todd and Kerry came up to Jax from St. Augustine for a visit. After a nice dinner we dragged them along with us to Target and Babies R Us to get a few things we still needed with our gift cards (Boppi Pillow cover, mattress pads, crib skirts, nipples for bottles, changing pad and cover, mobiles and exchanged the swing).

On Sunday in the afternoon after church, Joe and I spent a few hours finishing up the nursery. We made up the cribs which are now complete with mattress pads, crib skirts, sheets, bumpers and the most adorable pooh mobiles ever, cleared off the top of the dresser so we could put the changing pad on top and the diaper basket, I took apart two diaper cakes (one took forever...each diaper was rolled and rubber banded but we got lots of diapers!), Joe put together the second swing and Joe put the car seat bases in the cars.

I've made my list of what to put in our hospital bag and hopefully tonight Joe and I will get that packed and ready to go. My doctor's appointments went well on Friday and Monday. The OB I saw on Friday did a "32 Week" happy dance. It was hilarious but he was just happy we made it this far. All the doctors keep reminding me I could have these babies any day now. So for now we just wait and see.

1 comment:

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

Oh wow!!! Things are coming together. You are going to have to take pictures of the nursery so we can see it all finished!!! Good luck---you are almost at the finish line!!