Saturday, August 2, 2008

32 Weeks and Still Going...

I am proud to announce I have reached my doctors initial goal of carrying the twins to at least 32 weeks. When Baby B (Chloe) became distressed, the doctors set a goal of 32 weeks and were unsure if I would even make it that far. But here it is Saturday, August 2nd...the first day of my 32nd week of pregnancy! I have high hopes of making it another 4 weeks so these girls have more time to grow. Overall the past week or so, I have been feeling pretty great. Knock on Wood...I haven't had heartburn or terrible indigestion (I'm back to enjoying eating again), my feet have returned to their normal size and have not swollen since being put on bed rest and I just feel blessed to have the gift of two babies inside me. I do get tired very easily but I guess I can blame that on carrying around 30 extra lbs and two babies stealing my energy:) I am hoping they will measure the girls again this week for an approximate weight update!

*On a side note, our cat Vivian loves the fact that I am home all day long with her. We take naps together, she gets to go out on the porch and she follows me where ever I go around the house. Boy is she going to sad when the girls come and she isn't the center of our attention:(

3 comments:

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

Congrats for making it to such a huge milestone!!! I am wishing you another happy healthy 4 weeks before you welcome your new additions!!

toddkerryj said...

Hey Karen and Joe,

We are soo soo excited for you guys that you have made it this far now Karen. :) YEAH!! We are looking forward to the arrivals of your girls. Give us a call if you guys want to do something before they arrive. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Karen!
Glad to hear things are going well.