Monday, January 5, 2009

We're Addicted...


It's official, Joe and I are addicted to the television series Planet Earth. They have begun reshowing the series on tv and our problem began on Friday night. We watched two on Friday night and four on Sunday night. It's hard to pick out my favorites from each show but here are a few...
Freshwater- The swimming elephants were amazing. I didn't even know they could swim. I also loved the monkeys tip toeing through the water. They looked as if they were afraid to get wet.
Pole to Pole- My fav was the emperor penguins. Their journey is so miraculous. It's amazing the babies survive!
Deserts- The adorable flat rainbow belly lizards won me over in this episode. They would all come to one spot everyday to leap for their lunch. It was really cute to watch.
Shallow Seas- The time lapsed video does it for me every time! They showed the starfish moving on the ocean bottom...remarkable to say the least.
Caves- This was my favorite episode yet! Each and every cave was incredible but my fav was the crystal cave in New Mexico. Gorgeous, untouched and never filmed before.
Forests- The sparkly Arctic forest was breath taking. Not only was it beautiful but it seasonally changes our atmosphere!

If you haven't seen this series yet, I highly recommend it! Learn about our planet and how we are affecting it every day. We only have one.

No comments: