Tuesday, February 16, 2010

18 Month Check-Up

The girls had their 18 month well check visit this morning and all went well. Chloe weighed in at just over 20 lbs and Abby is almost 22 lbs. Our pediatrician said they looked great as usual! Chloe is getting her 5th tooth in (a top middle) and Abby has about 5 that are all about to come in (3 on top and 2 bottom). They just got one shot today which was nice, we are used to about 4 at a time so this was a nice break for them and us too. We don't have to go back again for 6 months, for their 2 year check.

Today at home, Abby got her first real injury. She's been walking for several weeks now and has been doing great. Now we are working on balance with her shoes on. She was on her way to the tupperware cabinet where Chloe was playing when she lost her balance. She went forward to catch herself with her hands and instead she caught the top of her wooden rocking horse. I didn't think she got more than a bump until I went to pick her up and I saw blood. She has a tiny little cut above her left eye brow. It stopped bleeding right away and she only cried for about two minutes. To be on the side of caution I took her to my neighbor's (who is an RN) to have her checked out. She looked her over and said she was doing just fine. She's doing great now but I do expect a nice bruise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm in my 19 week of pregnancy. The nausea has improved quite a bit, occasionally in the morning I feel just a bit sick. I've started to feel the baby moving, which is always exciting. It was a fluttering feeling last week but this week it feels more like little kicks. The ultrasound tech last week did say he was feisty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor Abby. That is not cool, but I guess those things will happen.
That is cool that you can feel the baby, I bet that is a neat experience. See ya, Aunt Heather.

Dawn Nichols said...

Breaks my heart, poor Abby, thank goodness it didn't hit her eye, i know these things happen to most kids but still makes you feel aweful for them. : ( give her an extra hug for me. : ( ....I'm glad their check up went well, Glad your feeling better Karen, and i remember those wonderful feelings,nothing like it, amazing isn't it? Heather would roll from one side of my stomack to the other like a wave !! and she got hick ups! Joe, well, he didn't bother kickin', he just came right out 4 1/2 months early, lol.... I loved being pregnant, miss the feeling : D enjoy.. Abby : ( XXX OOO for her. Love to my Chloe too, i miss them!!! : (