Thursday, February 4, 2010

Repurpose Your Crib Bumpers!

I was reading one of my favorite magazines last night and I saw a great idea. The idea was to use the crib bumper as a valance for the window. You can do it several different ways. In the magazine she simply took out the stuffing and either removed or taped the bottom tie strings. Another way I saw was to leave the stuffing in and fold the bumper in half (to fit the window size) and use a few simply stitches to keep it straight. I thought this was such a great idea. We registered and received two crib bumpers for our girls. We even had them set up in their cribs before they arrived home from the hospital. Unfortunately I soon took them out before the girls even slept their first night in their cribs. The hospital had ingrained such a fear in my mind about having absolutely nothing in the crib except for the baby that I packed up the bumpers and ended up reselling them. I love this idea of using them as a window valance! This is a functional yet safe way to use the crib bumper in your nursery!

Check out this picture I found of a re purposed crib bumper for a boys room: