Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Monday!

So I haven't posted in a few days, but I'm definitely still here. On Friday (my 28th birthday) Joe and I took the girls to their first golf tournament, The Players Championship, out at Ponte Vedra Beach. I'm not a golf player nor is it really top on my list of sports to watch, but we were given great tickets FREE so we couldn't turn it down. Joe was excited that I actually said yes, considering it was my birthday. If I am going to watch golf this was the way to go...we had a pass to get into three chalets on holes 15, 17 and 18 with air conditioning and free food and drinks. The girls were great as always and a fun time was had by all. Saturday Joe did some yard work and I pretended to have only one baby as I just took Chloe to the store with me. It was great putting her in the cart (we've never been able to do that before) and shopping uninterrupted. You see I usually get stopped at least a few times by "Ahhhh, are they twins?" I certainly don't mind chatting with complete strangers about my beautiful girls but occasionally...okay more than occasionally...you just want to get in, get what you need and get out. I very much enjoyed my uninterrupted shopping trip with Chloe while Abby stayed home with Daddy. Grandma Nichols arrived in the afternoon to spend Mother's Day weekend with us and we spent the rest of the day hanging out around the house. Sunday after church, Joe took us out to Outback for lunch. To our surprise it wasn't too crowded and we had a very nice lunch. Later that day, we watched some golf, two movies and I even snuck in an afternoon nap. Grandma Nichols left for Gainesville today so we are back to our normal routine. Hope everyone had a great weekend too, and a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: