Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rain, Rain and More Rain...

I'm not exaggerating when I say all I've seen for the past three days is rain. All this bad weather is brought to us by a nor'easter. While we needed it greatly, I am beginning to feel as if I should have built an ark. Monday began the rain. Tuesday was rain with very high winds. Today is heavy rain that just doesn't quit. Besides all this rain I have been digging the cooler temperatures. We haven't hit 70 degrees all week. Yesterday was cool about 63 degrees so I made delicous lentil and ham soup. Joe was very happy it's one of his favorites. It was really tasty if I do say so myself.

On a side note, have you ever weeded in the rain? I did on Monday and it was quite pleasant. No bugs, not so hot but instead refreshing and the sound on falling rain was peaceful. I highly recommend giving it a try. Not when it is pouring out like today but rather a nice soft rain! My garden looks much better...well except it might start looking like a lake soon.

Check out this picture of the standing water half way across our driveway and the big pool to the right of our driveway. If it would ever let up it would have a chance to soak in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, were there fish in the driveway? lol... nice a little cooler but in N J it would rain for weeks at a time! :(, damp and cold too, boy i love florida : D Your getting it off the ocean big time : D At least Joe doen't have to water the lawn,lol, bet it will look great soon, course then he'll have to cut it, lol... love ya, G. D. wow, nothin' can stop you!!, singin' and weedin' in the rain, cool : D