Thursday, June 26, 2008

I failed!

So what is it about failing, even if you have no control over it what-so-ever, makes you feel well like a failure. So you may be asking yourself, what did I fail? I failed my one hour glucose tolerance test at my 26 week OB appointment. I did everything they said to do. I didn't eat sweets...in fact I only had water that morning. But after drinking the fluid and waiting an hour, they tested my blood sugar, and yup it was too high. So congrats to me I am the lucky winner of a three hour glucose tolerance test at the lab. So tomorrow morning at 7am after my total FAST I go to the lab to drink the fluid again and have them draw blood three to four times over the course of three hours. How fun....well lets just hope I got a false positive the first go around (apparently failing the first test is rather common) and this is just a good precaution. But I still feel like a failure.



With that said the rest of my appointment went well. I have officially gained a total of 25 lbs., basically stating I am the size of a normal 9 month pregnancy at 26 weeks. According to the Ob's I am right on track for twins and shoud have 15-25 more lbs to go. Oh the joys of carrying twins:) My OB has decreased my work week from 5 days a week to 4 days a week. So starting next week I will work Monday and Tuesday, have Wednesday off, and work Thursday and Friday. Not so bad since I have weekly doctors appointments on Wednesdays anyway...except for next week! I have no appointments next week at all!!! But the following week back to weekly ultrasound appointments and now I will start seeing my OB every two weeks. But don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I have been extremely blessed with this pregnancy thus far with little to no problems. I hope to carry these girls until at least 36 weeks!

2 comments:

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

I had to do that 3 hr test when they were checking me for diabetes and if you can believe it even though you drink pretty much pure sugar it put me to sleep haha!!! And you cannot leave so there I was trying to sleep on two waiting room chairs----not comfy!!! The nurse thought it was so funny that it made me soo tired---she had never seen that before!!! Good luck tommorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Don't stress! Sounds like you are doing great overall.
That's very cool about the 4 day work week! I assume your work is being cool about that?

We miss you guys!