Monday, February 23, 2009

I Feel Human Again...

Well last week was sort of a blurrr for me. After returning from a nice weekend trip I came down with a bad case of the flu which had me pretty much knocked out until Friday. Just think exhausted, no appetite, runny nose, cough, achy, and fever that I couldn't shake until Friday. Joe stayed home from work until Friday to take care of the girls and I tried to just get rest and feel better. I missed taking them to their 6 month doctor appointment on Tuesday but Joe said they did great. Although I did not miss seeing them get their shots, I really hate that part. Their doctor was very impressed by their growth, Abby weighed 15 lbs. 9 oz. and Chloe weighed 14 lbs. 5 oz. They have even graduated from the preemie formula!!!!! Joe and I had a very exciting 3 year wedding anniversary on Wednesday...he took me to the doctor where they proceeded to give me the flu test. I had never had this before and boy was I in for a treat. They shoved a q-tip looking stick up my nose and wiggled it around in both sides making my eyes water and me want to vomit. It's definitely not my idea of fun. On Friday, Joe went back to work and Sarah and Laszlo (my sister and bro-in-law) arrived in the afternoon for a weekend visit. We spent the weekend just hanging out and finally today I am feeling human again. Even over the weekend I was still really exhausted. Joe has gotten some of the illness but we are trying to keep the girls from getting it. I wore a surgical mask all last week and I'm constantly washing my hands. Abby had a low fever last evening and was a bit cranky but she seems better today.

No comments: