Friday, July 24, 2009

My Favorites...The Baby Addition

Now that the girls are almost a year old we've tried many products and have come to love some and can definitely do without others.
So here is my list of Favorites:
* Diapers- My favorite tried and true diaper is Pampers. They just work for us. Very few blowouts or leaks. The only downfall is they are pricey. I can honestly say I've tried them all...all the top brands as well as the store versions. Luvs are a great substitute. They are made by the same company as Pampers (many stores take pampers coupons for Luvs), they are a great diaper and you'll save a few bucks on every pack!
* Wipes- My favorite two are Huggies wipes and Target wipes. Huggies wipes are thick and durable. They hold up to the messiest of diapers and also come in my favorite cool cucumber scent. Target wipes are a great price and they are ohh so soft. Just like diapers we've tried all different wipes and most were just fine for doing what they are supposed to do but some are too dry, some too wet and some feel itchy.
* Munchkin dishwasher basket. I have two and use them every single day! I have Dr. Brown's bottles which are great but they do have a lot of parts that have to be washed, so these baskets allow me to stick all the bottle parts in them and throw them in the dishwasher! I think my first few months as a new mom was spent washing bottles. Right now we use 8 bottles a day but back when they were really little it was a ton. This is a huge time saver for me!
* The Safe Bather is a cushion for the bath tub to lay the baby on for baths. It is awesome and I can't say enough about it! The only place I've seen it sold is on Target.com. We got it as a gift (thank you Mike and Bridget) and we also gave it as a gift. Also it stores well because it's not big or bulky. Once it dries I just hang it on the back of our bathroom door.
* Swings- My swings got me through the first months with the girls. They napped in them, rested in them or just played in them. With twins you can't hold them both so it was nice to have somewhere to put them where they were comfortable, safe and still in my line of vision. We loved our Fisher Price rain forest versions. The swing could switch directions and you could plug it into the wall or use batteries. It was nice to have the option because those things eat through batteries but with power outages during storms (you know what I mean if you live in Florida) it's nice to have batteries too!
* Baby Monitor- We love our monitor! No Batteries required...it charges! It came with two handhelds so I always keep one plugged in our bedroom (which we use at night) and just switch them out when the other needs a charge. You will save so much money not buying batteries! It features 10 channels for the best reception and it lights up with noise too. I like the light up feature so you can turn down the volume but see when the noise starts or stops. On a side note...be sure to turn off the receiver when not in use because your neighbors might pick up your conversations:) This hasn't happened to us but some friends of ours have a lot of small children on their block and often pick up other people on their monitor.
* Diaper rash cream- We haven't had much diaper rash (after the girls left the hospital) but when we do Boudreauxs Butt Paste is the best. It's thick, creamy, stays put and it really works. If and when the rash gets bad, stop using baby wipes. We learned this trick from the NICU, just use a wet wash cloth so it will not irritate the rash further.


TO BE CONTINUED.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen. My name is Trish and I work for Pampers. I just wanted to thank you for choosing Pampers diapers as one of your favorite baby items. Your twins are SO cute! I look forward to reading more posts from you. TX. Trish.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to say these companies should see your blog and i see they've already started to!!! so cool,they should give you a commision!! : D love ya, G.D.

Sarah V. said...

I love social media! It's amazing how fast companies find people talking about them. You should get more coupons! Pampers people.

The godmother.

Anonymous said...

It's Trish again. I wanted to let all of you know that we have a special offer for multiple births of twins or more. Participants receive a one-time gift of valuable coupons for Pampers baby care products. Just send us your complete name and postal address, along with photocopies of the babies' hospital discharge papers, and which brand you prefer to: Pampers Multiple Birth Offer
The Procter & Gamble Company
P.O. Box 599 Cincinnati, OH 45201
If the hospital discharge papers contain sensitive personal information, such as social security numbers, please black this information out before sending. I hope this is helpful. TX. Trish.