Thursday, October 23, 2008

Growing, Growing, Growing....

On Tuesday evening, I gave the girls their first "big girl bath". By "big girl bath" I am referring to their bath tub. Up until Tuesday we had been giving the girls their bath on the kitchen counter on a towel more like a sponge bath. But on Tuesday I decided it was time to try out their bath tub, and it worked perfectly. Chloe was first and she seemed to really like it. She didn't cry at all and actually almost smiled when I poured the water over her for the first time. Abigail was second and was not thrilled at all. She was hungry and was letting me know as well as the mesh they lay on was now wet and cold from Chloe's bath. Once I poured the warm water over Abigail she seemed to enjoy it much better. All in all bath time in the big girl tub went great.

The girls have grown so much since their birth. I have had to pack up most of the preemie clothes because they have out grown them. Abigail weighs 9 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. and Chloe weighs 7 lbs. 13 oz. Abigail is wearing the 0-3 months size and Chloe wears the newborn and some 0-3 months. With the cooler weather we've been having I've enjoyed dressing the girls in their footy PJ's. My absolute favorite is their Winnie the Pooh sleepers with Pooh hand covers. They are so soft and comfy. The girls love them too!

Sleep is not readily available in our house unless you are a baby. This is a picture of the girls sleeping in this morning around 10:30am. They look so adorable in the double bassinet our friend Carey let us borrow. Thank you so much Carey. The girls love it and it is nice to have them in the bedroom with us for the next few months!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Can I so so dang cute! You are totally welcome. We loved using it too. Hope to see you soon! Hugs and Kisses! The McGuirk girls...Carey, Emma & Sarah