Thursday, July 10, 2008

28 Week Update!

On Wednesday, I resumed what I thought would start my weekly appointments at the ultrasound doctors...oh how I was wrong. I now get to go twice a week to the ultrasound doctors.

Well let me start from the beginning. After having a week off from appointments I went yesterday at 8:00am to the ultrasound doctors then at 8:50am to my OB doctors. I was super excited about going to the ultrasound doctors yesterday. I missed seeing the girls...I am really spoiled having an ultrasound every week! I was also excited because I knew they would be measuring the girls this week and I was looking forward to seeing how much they had grown (they hadn't been measured in 3 weeks). Baby A (Abigail) now weighs 3lbs 2oz and Baby B (Chloe) now weighs 1lb 13oz. This was a bit of a shock...Chloe is much smaller than Abigail. They have definitely ruled out Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS). This is where one twin grows significantly large for her age and one remains small for her age. Two leading factors in this syndrome include fluid levels in the amniotic sacs being quite different (one having a lot and the other having very little) and one baby growing much faster than the normal rate and one remaining small. We do not have either of these factors. While Abigail is larger than Chloe she is still in her normal growth size but Chloe is just too small and both girls have about the same fluid levels in their sacs. We were glad to rule this syndrome out for now! A small discordance is very normal in twins, but my girls have a significant discordance in their weight that the doctors are concerned with. So my twice weekly appointments now stem from them wanting to monitor Chloe's growth very closely. They assured us not to worry or lose sleep, both girls look very good besides the weight difference. Chloe did grow about 8oz since her last measuring which is also a good sign!

At my OB appointment, I found out I PASSED my three hour glucose tolerance test! Yeah! We also went over the information from the ultrasound doctors and answered some questions I had. They assured me the best place for our babies is in "my oven" so no other plans to be made just yet. While all of this information may seem overwhelming Joe and I remain calm and positive. They assured me there is nothing I can do at this time but what I have already been doing, taking care of myself and the babies. I have still not been put on any other restrictions so I feel good about that as well! Right now we just wait and pray for our little Chloe to grow baby grow and to catch up to her sister!

1 comment:

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

Oh wow what an update!! I will definately keep you and the babies in my thoughts and prayers but I know that everything will be ok!!! I do have to say that I am very jealous that you are going to get to see your babies twice a week lol!!! I will be lucky if I get to see mine once or twice more hehe!!