Sunday, July 6, 2008

28 weeks!

Wow, it seems like time really does fly. Yesterday marked the beginning of my 28Th week of pregnancy. I am officially in my 3rd trimester! Some days it feels like I have been pregnant forever, but saying I'm finally 28 weeks just sounds weird. 36 weeks is the magic number according to my OB doctors for twins so I could potentially have these girls in 8 weeks! But of course it could be more or less. Most often if you are carrying twins and you go into labor anywhere after 32 weeks they will do nothing to stop it.

Joe and I went to our first of five Childbirth Classes on Wednesday evening. The class was quite full with about 15 other couples in attendance. So far so good; at our first class we talked a lot about anatomy and the changes our bodies are going through, as well as did deep breathing and relaxation techniques. The deep breathing and relaxation reminded me of the end of yoga. Some interesting pieces of information we learned... the blood flows at a speed of 4 miles per hour through the umbilical cord, the average baby now weighs 7 lbs 6 ounces to 8 lbs (not for twins of course) and most of the time Mom's of multiples who are not having a c-section still deliver in an operating room (this is just in case a c-section has to be done quickly).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say congratulations on 28 weeks ! It is a big deal and a mile stone when you are having twins. Do the happy dance ! LOL
Every day and week helps.

I've written a site about the journey to twins through twin pregnancy and twin newborn babies and more- with lots of information and pictures - I'd love if you'd stop by and check it out - it was created to help other twin moms -and please add your story - or add your twin belly pic !
Kim
http://www.raising-twins.com

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

Wow 28 weeks!! Congrats!!! I am a little over 12 weeks now and it seems like I have so far to go hehe!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you taking any breastfeeding classes?