Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy but AWESOME Weekend!

This past Saturday my two older sisters, Sarah and Laura threw me an amazing shower. The shower was an afternoon tea party theme including this great spread of delicious food, all my favorites of course, and an adorable cake decorated with a tiny little tea set. Although I did not drink any tea, they made this lemonade punch that was a huge success...I think I probably had 6 glasses. The shower was just perfect. It was fun, girly, intimate and although I was exhausted by the end I had a wonderful time. I received tons of gifts, everyone is so generous, and to my amazement I only received a few clothing items (besides the 3 adorable handmade outfits from my mother-in-law which included matching little purses, bonnets and pink baseball caps). I guess with twins everyone is much more practical realizing we need the other stuff more than the clothing. After all, we have been so blessed with hand-me-downs! I have been given three bags from my friend Carey who has twin girls, a box from a coworker and two boxes from my cousins Mary and Kim (who even sent left over diapers from her son...thank you for those!) I also received gifts from my Aunt Pat and my two cousins, Mary and Kim who all live in Indiana.

On Sunday, our families were a wonderful help in getting some much needed things done around the house. My Mom worked hard on our laundry, which has become Joe's job since my bed rest and he obviously was slacking in that department...but I can't blame him who really likes doing laundry anyways, while the other girls helped put away all the new gifts and organize the twins nursery. The nursery was a mess because I kept piling all the new stuff in the cribs. They organized the clothes in the dresser, packed the bigger items in boxes to trade out in the future and organized the closet. Whew I was tired when they were done and all I did was sit in one of the gliders, help open some small items and of course put my opinion in. I can't thank them all enough! Clean laundry... and an organized nursery!

Yesterday at the doctors they measured the twins again. I am happy to report that Abigail now weighs 3 lbs. 12 oz. (she gained 10 oz. in two weeks) and Chloe weighs 2 lbs. 2 oz. (she gained 5 oz. in two weeks) . The doctors were very pleased with both of their progress, although Chloe is only growing at about half the rate of Abigail, she continues to grow, remains very active and is showing no more signs of distress. The doctors set a goal of carrying them until at least 32 weeks a few weeks ago but I am feeling much more confident about making it to 36 weeks! On Saturday I will be 31 weeks so that would only be 5 more weeks.

1 comment:

Melissa--KunceKrafts said...

Awww sounds like a great shower!! I cannot wait to have mine, although gotta find out the sex first so then I can go register :) hope all is going well!!!